Marine park-tour South
The marine parks in the south of Egypt are waiting for you to explore them! They are known as the best diving grounds of the southern Red Sea: stunning reefs, breathtaking steep walls, regular occurrences of sharks, ray, dolphins and tuna and of course lots of drift dives in the strong currents are part of your daily program.
The Daedalus reef is a spectacular and challenging reef. Steep walls decorated with magnificent plants drop into the deep on all sides pulsing with an unbelievable variety of corrals, fish species and vibrant marine life. Chances are high to spot frequent visitors such as hammerhead sharks, grey reef sharks, white-tip oceanic sharks, and the beautiful thresher sharks.
The southernmost marine park around Zarbagad Island with its stunning turquoise blue lagoon and the golden beaches invites you to float away dreaming for a little while. Here we will just enjoy diving at a slightly sloping reef. On each square meter you will be able to explore marine life of infinite variety. The fringing reef in the south impresses with countless caves and canyons where you can enjoy wonderful light shows of the sunbeams.
15 minutes further we will go for an early morning dive at Rocky Island. With some luck we will be able to watch hammerhead sharks here.
On the way back towards north we will dive down to the legendary Elphinstone Reef. In the mornings with just little drift, the northern peak is perfect for working on your buoyancy in comfortable depth while enjoying what is happening around you in the blue water. Then we will dive further along the steep wall on the east side and you will see enough marine life to keep you completely absorbed all day, including an incredible wall tumbling to more than 50 meters, drift dives and spectacular gorgonian fans, plus with a bit of luck we will have some white-tip oceanic sharks cruising by.
Changes to the program are possible due to weather conditions or other external influences. Special wishes are welcome to be discussed in the group.
Arrival and departure port:
Port Galib (near Marsa Alam)
We will be aboard ‘MY Beau Rivage II’ which was fully refurbished in 2013. 31 meters long and 7,5 meters wide, MY Beau Rivage II is a traditional Egyptian wooden boat. The boat can accommodate 24 passengers in 12 double cabins, each with shower and toilet. The spacious sitting and eating room with TV and DVD-player is nicely furnished and fully air conditioned. Our comfortable sun deck offering shade and sun guarantees a relaxing time for the whole group after diving.
The dives will be guides by experienced guides who know the area well and speak German and English.
Prerequisites for attending:
Advanced divers with at least 35 logged dives and minimum training level of PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or similar.
1095,00 € per person
- Transfer from/to airport Marsa Alam or Hurghada (group transfer to Port Galib)
- Accommodation in double cabins
- Full board as well as snacks, coffee, tea and soft drinks (no alcoholic beverages are served on board)
- Diving inclusive 12-liter tanks and weights
- Guiding by instructors
Price does not include:
- Flight expenses
- 20,00 € visa fee at your arrival
- Travel, luggage and diving accident insurances
- Marine & National Park entrance fees, eco taxes and port fees for Port Galib (to be paid on site, prices per 1.8.2013):
[li]75,00 €/person: marine park fee Daedalus, Zarbagad, Rocky (even though there is no marine park fee right now, this could change upon our arrival, therefore the expenses are listed separately)
- 24,00 €/person: eco tax reef tax Marine Park 2
- 25,00 €/person: port fee and tax Port Galib
- Tips for the crew and the diving instructors (expected everywhere in Egypt)
Registrations and payment details
- Binding registration by ??? latest
- Payment of 500,00 Euro has to be made at date of registration
- Rest payment is due 6 weeks prior to departure
- Registration form Marine Park Tour
- Terms and Conditions Safari